Fourth Quarter 2011
As befitting a closing-of-the-year issue, I would like to devote this space to a summary of PHILJA’s accomplishments for 2011.
The Academy accomplished, among other things, the following:
Implemented 106 special focus programs with various program partners;
Held 24 regular training programs;
- Facilitated four Roundtable Discussions;
- Provided training to 1,404 judges, 415 Clerks of Court, and 168 legal researchers;
- Held nine convention-seminars for other court personnel;
- Administered three Pre-Judicature Programs to a total of 111 judicial aspirants;
- Appointed 12 graduates of previous Pre-Judicature Programs to the Judiciary;
- Conducted five legal researches;
- Published three Judicial Journals;
- Produced seven special publications;
- Conducted fifteen regular programs for the Philippine Mediation Center;
- Provided training to 35 mediators and facilitated the accreditation of 34 others;
- Implemented 27 mediation programs;
- Delivered 24 information dissemination programs to 4,244 barangay officials all over the country through the Enhanced Justice on Wheels (E-JOW) project of the Supreme Court.
We thank all the PHILJA family, the Supreme Court family, all our Judges and Court personnel, the Honorable Supreme Court—our Chief Justice and Associate Justices, for the continuing wholehearted support.All the best.
(Sgd.) ADOLFO S. AZCUNA